Material requirements planning (MRP) is a vital component in the supply chain. It acts as the system’s bridge between master planning and production. MRP helps determine requirements and maintain priorities. The APICS Principles of MRP seminar assists beginning and experienced planners to use an MRP system. Through classroom discussion and practical, hands-on exercises, this seminar will help attendees gain a firm understanding of the principles and functions of MRP in the manufacturing process.
Attend this seminar and learn how to:
- Understand the objectives and functions of MRP
- Work with the different types of demand placed on the inventory resources of the company
- Use MRP-generated action messages when performing MRP output maintenance
- Determine when it is time to release manufacturing and purchase orders
- Develop performance measurements to determine the effectiveness of the MRP in priority management
By the conclusion of the seminar, attendees will have acquired practical tools to make MRP environments work more smoothly, increase productivity and reduce operational costs.