An exploration of the methodologies and theory behind category management over the course of two days, focusing in particular on how to generate and mitigate the loss of value through this process.
Upon completion of this course, delegates will be equipped with:
- An overview of the category management process from end-to-end, looking at the various activities and theories that comprise said process. The delegate will also develop a keen understanding of how vital the category management process is and will be able to reinforce this in the eyes of their stakeholders.
- An understanding of how a category manager influences and drives this process, focusing on how the individual can deliver value to the group though the appropriate application of their understanding.
- Critical knowledge and confidence around how to engineer plans for category development, factoring in complexity and responding accordingly.
- A grasp of the strategies behind category management that can assist driving towards the desired outcomes when contending with supplier performance and demand.
- The skills to delineate between different types of category management relating to procurement, purchasing, and sourcing, as well as awareness around how to mitigate potential risks surrounding role conflict and wrongheaded stratagems.