Demystify the nature of cloud service offerings and understand the regulatory landscape.
What key points will the training cover?
- Demystifying the cloud
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Public vs private cloud
- The challenge of pricing models
- Services agreement and SLAs
- Data privacy and Edward Snowden: impact on cloud procurement now and in the future
- Security and audit issues arising from cloud service relationships
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Recognise the difference between IaaS, PaaS and SaaS
- Understand what a cloud service provider is actually supplying – and what is not included
- Identify common elements in the supplier’s charging model
- Discover where in the world your supplier’s cloud is located and explain to the supplier where you need it to be
- Understand basic data protection and data privacy regulations, especially as these apply to trans-border data flows